Will DVDs and Blu-ray discs purchased from Sanity.com.au play in any player around the world?
No. Each DVD product is manufactured with a specified region code, allowing playback only in the world region in which the product is distributed.
Most DVDs on Sanity.com.au are Region 4, which incorporates Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Oceania, South America, and Mexico; however, multi-region DVD players—which play DVDs from all or a number of regions—are also available. You will need to refer to your DVD player manufacturer or player specifications to see which type it is.
- 0Playable in ALL regions
- 1Bermuda, Canada, United States and U.S. territories
- 2Western Europe, most of Central Europe, the Middle East, Egypt, Greenland
- Japan, Lesotho, South Africa, Swaziland
- 3Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Taiwan
- 4Central America, Oceania, South America, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand
- 5The rest of Africa, Eastern Europe, South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea, Russia
- 6Mainland China
Blu-ray discs may also be encoded with a region code, similar to the DVD region codes; however, the geographical regions differ (please see below).
- AEast Asia (except Mainland China and Mongolia), Southeast Asia, the Americas
- and their dependencies.
- BAfrica, Southwest Asia, Europe (except Russia), Oceania and their
- dependencies. (Includes Australia, New Zealand, and New Guinea)
- CCentral Asia, East Asia (Mainland China and Mongolia only), South Asia, central
- Eurasia and their dependencies.