Currently out of stock - Ships within 5-10 business days
A pastor and licensed psychotherapist himself suffering from depression and anxiety takes on the relationship of mental health and faith while addressing the role of self-care, compassion, and restoration.
Everyone knows someone who suffers from anxiety, depression, or another form of mental illness, but a stigma around mental health remains--especially in the church. Ryan Casey Waller--pastor, therapist, and cosufferer--has experienced firsthand the jarring dissonance of wrestling with mental health while trying to maintain a vibrant Christian faith. It can be a discouraging, lonely battle. But it doesn't have to be.
In this book, Waller emphasizes that mental health issues are not a symptom of a spiritual failing or insufficient faith; rather, suffering is the very thing our Savior seeks to heal as he leads us toward restoration. Combining practical theology, clinical insights, and deep compassion, Waller invites readers to
- see why we need conversations in the church about mental health and how to have them;
- discover why seeking knowledge about one's self is critical to growing deeper in relationship with God;
- understand the basics of brain health, the intersection of biology and spirituality, and why emotional intelligence deserves more attention;
- learn practical steps such as how to find a therapist, distinguish between a psychiatrist and a psychologist, and - afford treatment; and
- become equipped to support loved ones with mental illness while promoting healthy self-care.
Title: Depression, Anxiety, and Other Things We Don't Want to Talk About
Format: Paperback Book
Release Date: 05 May 2021
Type: Ryan Waller Casey
Catalogue No: 9781400221325
|Help you find exactly what you are looking for, even if you aren't sure yourself!|
|Track down the hard to find as quickly as possible - if it's available, we will get it!|
|Deliver fast and friendly service to every customer.|
|Provide you with the hottest, the latest and a great range.|
|And if you're not satisified, you can exchange or with a receipt, get your money back - no questions asked!|