In Stock - DISPATCHED IN 24 HOURS!
23 ELITE Points earned with this purchase! Earn 250 for a $10 Reward!
Not an ELITE Member? Join ELITE here
Following on from the enthusiastic response to volume 1, ABC Classic is delighted to present a second volume of Classical Music to Lift Your Spirits.
When ABC Classic asked listeners to recommend the music that gives them an instant mood boost, the response was almost overwhelming, with hundreds of different suggestions.
This album brings together traditional favourites – the ecstatic joy of sunrise in the Morning Mood from Peer Gynt; the soaring melody of the Adagio from Spartacus, the irrepressible good humour of Haydn’s Trumpet Concerto, the joyous energy of Jupiter from The Planets – with uplifting new favourites from Australian composers, including the whimsy of Michael Leunig’s poetry, set by Paul Stanhope in The Duck; the Grigoryan Brothers’ exuberant musical portrayal of the effortless grace and strength of cricketing great Don Bradman in Don’s Bat; Jabra Latham’s Hut – a celebration of the pleasures of a warm, cosy shelter after battling Antarctic storms; Graeme Koehne’s jaunty homage to vaudeville in Santa Ana Freeway; and the gentle optimism of Nat Bartsch’s Brightness in the Hills.
It's music that stops us in our tracks with its beauty, and music that gets our toes tapping; music that shines through tears, and music that bubbles up with joy. Performed by Australia’s top orchestras and ensembles, from the full symphonic glory of our state symphony orchestras to the intimacy of Gondwana Voices and the Seraphim Trio, and including soloists Karin Schaupp, Tamara-Anna Cislowska, Diana Doherty and Sara Macliver, this is truly music to lift your spirits.
Title: Classical Music To Lift Your Spirits - Vol 2
Release Date: 14 Oct 2022
Catalogue No: ABCL0031
1. Peer Gynt Suite No. 1, Op. 46: I. Morning Mood -Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra | Sebastian Lang-Lessing
2. Love Me Sweet -Diana Doherty | Sinfonia Australis | Mark Summerbell
3. Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, Op. 65 No. 6 -Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra | Sebastian Lang-Lessing
4. On the Beautiful Blue Danube – Waltz, Op. 314 (Excerpt) - Queensland Symphony Orchestra | Vladimir Ponkin
5. Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D Major, BWV 1050: III. Allegro - Orchestra of the Antipodes | Erin Helyard
6. The Planets, Op. 32: IV. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity - Queensland Symphony Orchestra | Nicholas Braithwaite
7. The Typewriter -Melbourne Symphony Orchestra | Paul Mann
8. Antarctic Triptych: III. Hut - Andrew Seymour | Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra | Greg Stephens
9. Trumpet Concerto in E-Flat Major, Hob. VIIe/1: III. Allegro - Geoffrey Payne | Melbourne Symphony Orchestra | Michael Halasz
10. Djanaba - Claire Edwardes | Karin Schaupp
11. Handel in the Strand - Leslie Howard
12. Nola (Arr. for Guitar Quartet by Timothy Kain) - Guitar Trek
13. Mary Scott, the Flower of Yarrow (Arr. for Classical Accordion and Recorder by James Crabb) - Genevieve Lacey | James Crabb
14. Julie-O (Arr. for Cello and Guitar by Slava Grigoryan) - Sharon Grigoryan | Slava Grigoryan
15. William Tell: Overture (Excerpt: Galop) - Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra | Ola Rudner
16. Il primo libro di canzoni: Ciaccona - Australian Brandenburg Orchestra | Paul Dyer
1. Cudmirrah Fanfare - Melbourne Symphony Orchestra | Philip Green
2. Jamaican Rumba - Adelaide Symphony Orchestra | Guy Noble
3. Tivoli Dances: I. Santa Ana Freeway - Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra | Richard Mills
4. Spartacus Suite No. 2: I. Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia - Queensland Symphony Orchestra | Patrick Thomas
5. Songs of Innocence and Joy: II. The Duck - Gondwana Voices
6. Piano Sonata No. 60 in C Major, Hob. XVI/50: I. Allegro - Chu-Fang Huang
7. Don’s Bat - Grigoryan Brothers
8. Brightness in the Hills - Nat Bartsch | Kyla Matsuura-Miller | James Morley
9. Piano Quintet in A Major, D. 667 "The Trout": IV. Theme and Variations (Andantino – Allegretto) - Seraphim Trio | Jacqueline Cronin | David Campbell
10. Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor: III. Finale - Niki Vasilakis | Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra | Sebastian Lang-Lessing
11. Lakmé, Act I: Viens, Mallika...Sous le dôme épais ("Flower Duet") - Heather Begg | Glenys Fowles | Melbourne Symphony Orchestra | Richard Bonynge
12. The Nutcracker, Op. 71, TH. 14, Act 2: 12e. Dance of the Mirlitons - Queensland Symphony Orchestra | Werner Andreas Albert
13. Elizabethan Serenade - Sydney Symphony Orchestra | Patrick Thomas
14. Seventh Book of Madrigals: Chiome d'oro - Sara Macliver | Sally-Anne Russell | Orchestra of the Antipodes | Antony Walker
15. Symphony No. 35 in D Major, K. 385 "Haffner": I. Allegro con spirito - Melbourne Symphony Orchestra | Oleg Caetani
16. Für Anna Maria - Tamara-Anna Cislowska
|Help you find exactly what you are looking for, even if you aren't sure yourself!|
|Track down the hard to find as quickly as possible - if it's available, we will get it!|
|Deliver fast and friendly service to every customer.|
|Provide you with the hottest, the latest and a great range.|
|And if you're not satisified, you can exchange or with a receipt, get your money back - no questions asked!|