Year 5 Advanced Mathematics is part of the Excel Advanced Skills series which provides students with challenging extension work in Mathematics. Each book in the series supports the requirements of the Australian Curriculum (Mathematics) and covers the strands of Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability.
This book contains the following elements:
- Level of difficulty key: The level of difficulty of each page is shown by a key at the top of the page showing a number of stars, with three stars being the least challenging questions and five stars being the most difficult.
- Section 1: Ten double-page units of teaching and learning activities, each focused on a specific topic from the Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability strands of the syllabus.
- Unit A provides work at an advanced four-star level; Unit B provides work at the most advanced five-star level.
- Section 2: Thirty carefully graded double-page units of teaching and learning activities. Each page provides questions from all strands of the syllabus: Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability.
- Units 1–15 A provide introductory work at a three-star level.
- Units 1–15 B provide work at an advanced four-star level.
- Units 16–30 A provide work at an advanced four-star level.
- Units 16–30 B provide work at the most advanced five-star level.
- Answer section: Worked solutions are provided for every question to provide support to students when learning. Answers are also provided in bold for quick reference.
- Two marking grids are provided to record the student’s results. These are easy-to-use diagnostic tools that indicate each student’s strengths and weaknesses in relation to specific topics in order to identify their progress and revision needs.
- Two NAPLAN-style tests provide students with practice for the real test.
Title: Excel Advanced Skills Advanced Mathematics Year 5
Format: Paperback Book
Release Date: 14 Apr 2022
Type: Allyn Jones
Catalogue No: 9781741256581