CD | Rock | 19 Apr 2019
Career-Spanning Collections Outlining Nicks' Entire Solo Catalog!
Stevie Nicks makes history in March when the beloved singer-songwriter becomes the first female artist inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice – first as a member of Fleetwood Mac in 1998, and this year for an extraordinary solo career that spans nearly 40 years.
To honor Nicks' groundbreaking achievement, Rhino has assembled a variety of new releases that celebrate her solo career with essential recordings chosen from studio albums, live performances, and soundtrack contributions, plus several of her most-celebrated collaborations with artists including Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Don Henley, Lana Del Rey, and Lady Antebellum.
'Stand Back: 1981-2017' will be available as a 50-track, 3CD version.
In 1981, six years after joining Fleetwood Mac, Nicks went solo for the first time with her debut Bella Donna. A massive success, it sold more than five million copies in the U.S., topped the album charts and produced four hit singles, including her signature anthem, "Edge Of Seventeen." More platinum albums followed – The Wild Heart (1983), Rock A Little (1985), and The Other Side Of The Mirror (1989). Music from all eight of Nicks' studio albums are included in the set, from Top 10 hits like "Stand Back" and "Talk To Me" to "The Dealer" from her latest, 2014's 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault.
On 'Stand Back,' those solo tracks are joined by Nicks' memorable collaborations with other artists, including "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, "Leather And Lace" with Don Henley, "You're Not The One" with Sheryl Crow, and "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems" with Lana Del Rey.
Beyond Nicks' work as a recording artist, 'Stand Back' also explores her career on stage with outstanding live recordings, including performances from her 1981 Bella Donna tour ("Dreams" and "Rhiannon"), and her 2009 live album The Soundstage Sessions ("Sara" and a cover of Dave Matthews Band's "Crash Into Me.") Rounding out the collection are several of her contributions to film soundtracks, like "Blue Lamp" from Heavy Metal and "If You Ever Did Believe" from Practical Magic.
Title: Stand Back - 1981-2017 - Deluxe Edition
Release Date: 19 Apr 2019
Artist: Stevie Nicks
Catalogue No: 349785248
1. Edge Of Seventeen
2. Rooms On Fire
3. Stand Back
4. After The Glitter Fades
5. If Anyone Falls
6. Talk To Me
7. I Can’t Wait
8. Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You
9. Long Way To Go
10. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind
11. Blue Denim
12. Every Day
13. Planets Of The Universe
14. SECRET LOVE
15. For What It’s Worth
16. The Dealer
1. Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around (with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
2. Leather And Lace (with Don Henley)
4. I Will Run To You (with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
5. Two Kinds Of Love
6. Whenever I Call You “Friend” - Kenny Loggins (feat. Stevie Nicks)
7. Magnet & Steel - Walter Egan
8. Gold - John Stewart
9. Too Far From Texas - Duet with Natalie Maines
11. You’re Not The One - Sheryl Crow
12. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Chris Isaak
13. Cheaper Than Free (feat. Dave Stewart)
14. You Can’t Fix This - Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee
15. Golden - Lady Antebellum featuring Stevie Nicks
16. Blue Water (feat. Lady Antebellum)
17. Borrowed - LeAnn Rimes
18. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems - Lana Del Rey (feat. Stevie Nicks)
1. Gold Dust Woman (Live)
2. Dreams (Live)
3. Angel (Live)
4. Rhiannon (Live)
5. Landslide (Live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra)
6. Sara (Live)
7. Crash Into Me (Live)
8. Circle Dance (Live)
9. Needles And Pins – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
10. Rock And Roll (Live)
11. Blue Lamp
12. Sleeping Angel
13. If You Ever Did Believe
15. Your Hand I Will Never Let It Go