CD | Soundtrack | 01 Feb 2019
In Stock - Online
An emotive soundtrack that allows the Mexico of 1970 to merge with the contemporary.
Sony Music, Netflix, Participant Media, and Esperanto Filmoj have released the original soundtrack of ROMA.
Curated by the director Alfonso Cuarón and the soundtrack producers Lynn Fainchtein and Randall Poster, the soundtrack of ROMA brings us back to the sonic Mexico of the 1970s, when the famous XEW, a reference of Mexican radio, transmitted English pop and rock, while gradually introducing the new Mexican pop, through performers like José José, Juan Gabriel, and Rigo Tovar, musical icons that in the present, have remained as references of Mexican and Latin American music.
The music of ROMA portrays the musical diversity of those years, from rock as the nascent symbol of the counterculture, to a few months of the Avándaro Festival, to the tropical rhythms and pop that marked the decade.
This emotional musical compilation narrates in itself many stories of the Mexico of those years, immersed in sociopolitical and cultural transitions that seem to oscillate between the impetus of change and resistance to it. That is why ROMA is the portrait of the great mosaic of sounds that face and complement each other in a clash between the past and the possibility of a future; between the world and Mexico and among the many Mexicos that the film shows us.
ROMA, is the most recent production by Alfonso Cuarón and the first Mexican film to win the "Golden Lion" as best film at the Venice International Film Festival; considered by critics around the world as one of the best movies of 2018 and of recent years.
Recently won Best Director: Motion Picture and Best Motion Picture Foreign Language at the Golden Globes. Nominated for 7 BAFTA Awards, Winner of Best Film and Best Direction at the recent AACTA International Awards.
Release Date: 01 Feb 2019
Catalogue No: 19075925932
1. Leo Dan - Te He Prometido
2. Rocío Dúrcal - Más Bonita Que Ninguna
3. Juan Gabriel - No Tengo Dinero
4. José José - La Nave del Olvido
5. Rigo Tovar - Gracias
6. Javier Solís - Sombras
7. Christie - Yellow River
8. Yvonne Elliman - I Don't Know How to Love Him
9. Orquesta Pérez Prado - Corazón de Melón
10. Trío Chicontepec - Los Ojos de Pancha
11. Roger Whittaker - Mammy Blue
12. Ray Conniff & The Singers - Those Were The Days
13. Javier Bátiz - La Casa del Sol Naciente
14. La Revolución de Emiliano Zapata - Ciudad Perdida
15. Los Socios del Ritmo - Vamos a Platicar
16. Lupita D'Alessio - Mi Corazón Es un Gitano
17. Angélica María - Cuando Me Enamoro (Quando M'Innamoro)
18. Acapulco Tropical - Mar y Espuma
19. Elbert Moguel y Los Strwck - La Suegra